By Emily Smudde, Crop & Soil Sciences
Free registration will begin at 12:30 p.m. at the plant pathology building adjacent to the farm. Plot tours will begin at 1 p.m. There will be light refreshments throughout the day and a catered social hour at the end.
The tour educates growers and industry members about weed management and facilitates public discussion with faculty about ongoing research.
Topics will include:
• Italian ryegrass control in winter and spring wheat – Drew Lyon and Ian Burke
• Mayweed chamomile control in winter wheat – Drew Lyon
• Clearfield wheat tolerance to Beyond (herbicide) and various tank mix partners – Drew Lyon
• Weed control in chickpeas – Ian Burke and Drew Lyon
• Control of eyespot disease – Tim Murray
Idaho and Washington pesticide recertification and CCA credits have been requested. Additional information can be found at http://smallgrains.wsu.edu/wsu-weed-science-field-tour/.