SPOKANE, Wash. – Washington State University’s partnership in Everett moved another step forward this morning with the WSU Board of Regents approval of a $10 million capital project. The board authorized WSU to proceed with land acquisition, design and pre-construction for a new classroom and office building at North Puget Sound at Everett.
The Washington Legislature appropriated the $10 million earlier this year for design and pre-construction of a new 95,000-square-foot facility that will be sited on the Everett Community College Campus. Based on legislative action in the 2009-2011 session, leadership, management and operational responsibilities were transferred from Everett Community College to WSU with a focus on programs in science, technology, engineering and math.
The regents also approved:
- Authorization for a $2.4 million expenditure for the design and construction of improvements to the lower soccer field at WSU Pullman. Among the improvements to the WSU Women’s soccer home field will be installation of a field drainage system, field turf, field lighting and improved communications required for television broadcasting.
- Authorization for a $2.1 million expenditure for design and construction of the Agricultural Technology Building Addition at WSU Prosser.
- Authorization for a $2.79 million expenditure for construction of the Viticulture Building Addition at WSU Prosser.
- Authorization for a $1.65 million expenditure for design and construction of the Johnson Annex Renovation at WSU Pullman.
- Authorization for a $1.6 million expenditure for the WSU Pullman Johnson Hall Roof Replacement at WSU Pullman.
- Authorization for a $2.02 million expenditure for the design and pre-construction of the Troy Hall Renovation at WSU Pullman.
- Housekeeping changes to the Public Records Act portion of the WAC, including requiring requesters to provide their first and last name and being able to charge for electronic records that require special technical work to retrieve.
Additional information about the agenda for the meeting is available at http://regents.wsu.edu/meeting-dates/.
Kathy Barnard, University Communications, (208) 301-8722, email@example.com